Sunday, August 23, 2009

"Aladdin"


For our second movie of the weekend, we watched "Aladdin." A classic tale of love conquers all, with a dash of everything is better when you "just be yourself" thrown in for good measure.

This is the first of our extensive collection of animated Disney movies. I (Lindz) am still a huge fan of anything Disney, even as I approach my 30's and "Aladdin" happens to be one of my all-time favorites. I love Robin Williams as the Genie, but could do without Gilbert Gottfried as Iago, the evil sorcerer Jafar's pet parrot. And to top it all off, you can't help but to dance a bit in your seat and want to sing along to all of the great songs in this movie.

While Mike may choose to use these type of movies as an opportunity to catch up on lost sleep, I on the other hand, remain glued to the screen, as I haven't seen many of these movies in their entirety for years. My feeling is that this was a great movie to end the weekend with!!

Run Time: 90 minutes

Schellhardt Stars: 4 3/4

Next Showing: "Alexander," the epic tale of Alexander the Great starring Collin Farrell and Angelina Jolie.

No comments:

Post a Comment