Monday, August 31, 2009

"Alice in Wonderland"


Our first movie over the weekend was Disney's "Alice in Wonderland." Re-watching this movie as an adult makes me wonder what kept me glued to the screen as a child, as the movie really does not make a lot of sense. My guess is the colors and songs.

While not one of my favorite Disney movies, I do remember also watching/recording on tape a live action mini-series version of "Alice." This live action version incorporated many more instances of Lewis Carroll's stories and poems, like the Jabberwocky. The live action version was much darker and scarier than the cartoon. (as it should be, I guess)

Anyway, my favorite character in this movie is the crazy Cheshire Cat and my favorite scene would probably be the "Unbirthday" tea party with the Mad Hatter, March Hare and Dormouse. As I watched, I can totally understand the appeal that this tale has for Tim Burton and am intrigued to see what he can do with the story when he brings it to life with Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter.

Run Time: 75 minutes

Schellhardt Stars: 2 3/4

No comments:

Post a Comment